Cooking with Hemp Hearts – A Simple And Delicious Way to Eat Healthier
Are you looking for more ways to eat healthier? Chances are that you may have tried a lot of different diets and read many different books on how to increase your fiber, eat healthier foods and decrease your cholesterol. But in today’s fast-paced world, it’s sometimes hard to eat a healthy meal. The good news is that there is something that you can even add to your favorite smoothie or baked goods that can help it be much healthier. We’re talking about hemp hearts, also known as hemp seeds. Below are some of the wonderful benefits that you will find to using these in your favorite foods.
8 Benefits that Hemp Hearts Offer
- A wonderful way to get protein. Over 25% of the calories in hemp hearts are from protein. This surpasses the protein found in flax seeds and chia seeds.
- They’re full of vitamins. They provide calcium, zinc, iron, Vitamins D & E, potassium and a lot more.
- They’re full of antioxidants such as fiber. They help with your digestion system as well as give a boost in energy.
- They’re good for your health. They help with keeping blood sugar and cholesterol at better levels as well as improve your blood circulation.
- Hemp hearts improve your hair, skin, and nails. They help with giving you an even skin tone and clearing and opening up your pores. In addition, hemp helps moisturize your hair and skin and reduces itchiness and dryness. It also helps in preventing breakage and promoting hair growth.
- Help keep your immune system and mind sharp and strong. Hemp has a lot of unsaturated fats and fiber, which helps keep your energy high. It also helps with preventing diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- It helps you sleep better. Hemp hears help with keeping your body relaxed and soothed and help with improving your sleep.
- It helps with relieving pain. With their wonderful restorative properties, they can help alleviate general aches, arthritis, and joint pain.
Okay, now you know what hemp hearts can offer you in the way of nutrition. So how do you get started with using them? The good news is that there are so many ways that you can use these in your diet, and chances are that you, or your family, may not even know the difference. Below are 5 easy ways to use hemp hearts in your cooking.
5 Easy Ways to Use Hemp Hearts in Cooking
Sprinkle Them on Sides & Salads
These are great to put on yogurt, popcorn, avocado toast, roasted vegetables, chicken, rice, eggs, fish, and much more. Putting them on snacks and main dishes just by putting a spoonful or two onto the top will take a snack or meal that doesn’t have any protein on it to something that helps you stay full much longer.
When you coat your fish and chicken with hemp hearts, it’s a high nutrient, gluten-free way to increase the taste and crunch without using breadcrumbs or marinades.
Add Them to Bites, Burgers & Baked Goods
Want to make that cookie more nutritious while keeping it tasting good? You can use hemp hearts. Adding them to things like muffins, baked oatmeal, brownies, and cookies will help you feel much better about having a treat.
Blend With Dressings & Drinks
Dressings and smoothies are great ways that you can use hemp hearts. Put some hemp hearts into your smoothie with fruit, greens, and milk. You can even make hemp milk when you combine the hemp hearts, dates and water in your blender.
Stir Hemp Hearts into Sauces & Soups
If you have someone who doesn’t like to eat veggies in your house, you can make their food more nutritious by putting the hearts into dips, pasta sauces, pesto, casseroles, soups and a lot more. They will enhance the food’s taste in a way that’s nutritious and fun and that complements its texture. The other good thing is that chances are they won’t even notice they’re in there.
The final say...
If you are looking for a way that you can eat healthier, but you don’t want to give up your favorite recipes, adding hemp hearts is an easy way to do it. it will increase your fiber and protein intake, and it will help even the pickiest eaters get the nutrition that they need for their day to day activities. It’s not a quick fix, but it’s an easy and delicious way that you can get the nutrients that your body craves in tasty and simple ways.